Terry, Teriyaki and the Obligatory Salad


Sunday evening and what is there to do on such a lazy day? Finding the right restaurant to try out of course! Terry and I spent the day lazing around the house. I was crocheting while Terry spent some time outdoors smoking his cigars. After a while, we were both growing tired of the typical Sunday stuff and chose to go out to eat. This time, it's Japanese food in the local Teriyaki Spice restaurant. 

Teriyaki Spice is an awesome place, run by a wonderful, friendly woman. Of course, it's not the typical Japanese cultured food with edamame, sushi and the like but we ate a nice plate of teriyaki flavored meats with the obligatory salad. Now the salad is not found in a lot of Japanese cuisine either, but it was great tasting and went well with the teriyaki. Great stuff!

We thought we would give Teriyaki Spice a try and we were happy with the outcome. While not a 100% authentic Japanese eatery, the place was awesome! Terry ordered a teriyaki ribeye steak, covered in teriyaki sauce and cooked to perfection. Not too tough and not red to make it a sickening meal. The steak was then sliced up and thrown over a bed of rice. 


Of course, his steak also came with the 100% all-American salad, bathed in a sweet salad dressing that reminded me of Italian, however it had more of a sweet side to it. 

My choice was the beef and chicken teriyaki. The chicken breast was sliced, and the beef was shredded. Once again, the meats were slathered in teriyaki and tossed onto a serving of rice. I also had the obligatory salad and it tasted wonderful together. 


Terry and I left the place feeling very full. Not quite sure what that salad dressing was but would love to find out. I'm not real fond of sweet dressings, but it was a treat with the teriyaki meat. 

If you're ever in Roseburg, Teriyaki Spice is an awesome place to visit. Don't expect super high-end quality dinners, but they are good, they are priced fairly, and the portions are right. In fact, I ended up taking some of mine home with me to finish later. 

Now back home to the crochet project and watching TV. I love Sundays when they come complete with relaxation, a good meal, time with the fur babies, and of course, spending time with my sweet man. Happy Sunday everyone and I hope your day went as well as mine. I am very thankful for all my blessings. Sending well wishes to all of you for the same. 



Terry, contemplating world problems and how to open a straw. 




This is my crochet project. Terry came with me to the craft stores, and we picked out various yarn colors to complete this project. We had fun goofing around while shopping and I think we chose some nice colors for the crocheted afghan. I'll be showing the project once in a while, as it progresses.  It's been a few years since I have worked on projects, so this has been challenging to get back into it. Wish me luck!







 

Comments

Popular Posts