Tonopah and Death Valley Nuts & Candy
As we continue to investigate the grounds where the Clown Motel, museum, and Tonopah graveyard are positioned, I suggested to Dawn that maybe some time we could drive back here and stay just one night in this motel. Hey, how bad is a clown, really? 👀😐🙈🙉🙊🤡🤡🤡
Besides the graveyard and all the interesting but sad tales that suggested, now was the time to look around other places, such as the motel. I wasn't quite sure how we could really research the motel simply because I was not going to pay for a night's stay when we were not staying. We still had to make it to Las Vegas to meet up with my sister, Ginger.
A quick look at the motel gave me a weird feeling in my gut. Can you stay in the room without feeling spooked? I asked Dawn if her group of three podcasters on TikTok from her favorite show called Paranosis had stayed in one of the rooms. She replied that yes, they had. Of course, that led to the question of, "Did they find anything?" The simple answer was yes; they had. The room was haunted.
We stood in front of the motel, our eyes carefully searching each room's door. After careful deliberation that we weren't really squared away with the idea of spending the night any time soon, our focus went to the office of the museum. The museum entry seemed rather strange in terms of welcoming anyone in. You tend to get an automatic creepy feeling just walking up to the door.
Yeah, so here we go ...
There were clowns stuffed into every shelf, each container, and in every inch of this shop. Interesting and creepy all at once.
Even some grunge skulls, most definitely out to kill.
Oh, yeah. And speaking of out to kill ...
There were paintings of clowns, statues of clowns, clown puppets, knick-knacks that were of clowns' cards, games, and even clown shoes ... I'll let you take a look like we did.
The more you looked, the more clowns you saw. I'm not so sure this is a good thing.
Okay. I've had my fill of the clowns for a day. Seriously though, if anyone is interested in traveling to the Tonopah Center to visit the cemetery and the Clown Motel and Museum, have fun. I was pretty serious when I asked Dawn if she wanted to come back and have a fun night of ghost hunting in one of the highly noted sites for finding them in the Clown Motel.
Paranosis crew has come out here quite a bit to locate spirits in the motel and apparently do find them. The Clown Museum, Clown Motel, and Tonopah Cemetery are all located at 521 Main Street, Tonopah, Nevada. The phone number is (775) 624-9098. If you stay the night in the motel, come back and comment here please.
We walked through the narrow aisles of the museum and headed out the front door. No, we did not run. Although, I do have to say I recall feeling like we were being followed out that door. Standing in the parking lot once more, we stood and took in the sites of the Clown Motel again. It looks fun.
According to the team of Paranosis and other ghost hunter teams, the place is pretty haunted. I will have to make it back here again to spend that one night, although I am not sure how the heart will take it.
This old van was not operable, but it added to the flavor of the entire space. I thought it was cute.
I saw this old, dilapidated building, barely holing its structure firm. I giggled to myself thinking of how much it reminded me of the old Western movies boasting a brawl in the saloon with a brothel on top. But hey, that's how my mind works.
Good times. Good times. A haunted clown museum, cemetery, and spooky clown motel known for spirits. Only in Nevada.
But we had a mission to complete and a long way to go. We climbed into the van and drove down the road. The van filled with excited voices as we shared our tales of what we saw, how cool it all was, and the dream of coming back to spend a night in one of those rooms. Wanna go?
Onward we traveled, through Nevada's Mojave Desert, until we saw a place that was shining light down from heaven to mark its spot on this planet ... the lovely sight of Death Valley's Chocolate. Now we are talking. This is my kind of site. I was in a Willy Wonka kind of mood. Let's go!
Death Valley Nut & Candy Shop. How could you possibly want anything more?
Not only is it beautiful on the outside, but my oh my, what they have inside. Talk about treasure causing pleasure! Oh, yeah. Who can take a sunrise? Sprinkle it with dew? The candy man. The candy man can. Cover it with chocolate and a miracle or two. The candy man. Oh, the candy man can cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good.
Palm trees growing to their full potential outside, along the path. They were probably fertilized with chocolate syrup, so no wonder they grew so large and beautiful. Cute little birds were singing songs to us as we walked up to the doors.
I felt as though I was walking into a chocolate kingdom.
Beautiful store, complete with chocolate, other sweets, and a gorgeous waterfall and stream making everyone feel welcome.
All types of sundries were available for purchase.
Stuffies galore. Bags of candy from chocolates to peppermints to bricks of chocolate and peanut bark. The selection was endless.
As we looked around at all the candy, stuffies, and books, we made our way to the bathrooms in the back. Adorable signs to show where the facilities were located.
After our bathroom stop and looking through all the yummy sweets and drinks, we began to walk out again to get back in the car. We still have a little way to go before Las Vegas.
We did, however, stop long enough to tell Captain Hook goodbye.
I don't know who these gentlemen are actually, but it looks like they have been through a rough time at sea.
While on the road again, we could see signs that we were getting closer to Las Vegas.
They even had a steampunk octopus on their building. I can see now why they call it Death Valley.
Mother Nature pulled out her paintbrush and palette to paint us a gorgeous sunset.
Even though we were traveling from Oregon to Tennessee to go to my mother's funeral, Dawn and Kylee's grandmother and great grandmother respectively, we were still enjoying some of our drive. Tonight's view of this amazingly gorgeous sunset had me feeling gloriously joyful. I'm a sunset kind of girl. Thank you, Spirit and mom, for watching over us as we drive so many miles and yet remain grateful for the sites we have seen and the time we can spend together. It's a beautiful thing. Even through death, this is what love and life is.
I'm going to end this post here. The next post we arrive in Las Vegas, meet my sister Ginger, and head on through to Tennessee. Ginger was gracious enough to fly from Tennessee, meet us in Las Vegas, and help us drive the rest of the way. We love her for that.
Thank you for reading the blog. It's nice having you travel with us. Until our next blog, take care.
Once again, Terry is not with me, as he had to remain home to take care of the fur babies and he is working. I don't have bosses to contend with since I'm my own boss. But he does. He could not take the time off but was feeling horribly that he could not come to support me during this difficult time. I bless his heart and love him for that. I'm missing him too. More than words can express. Although it will be a drive and a couple of weeks away, this too shall pass. This is one of the must go situations in life. I need to say goodbye to my mother and father and see the rest of my family who is hurting deeply over her loss. Until our next post, take care, and bless you all.






































Comments
Post a Comment
Hey! Thanks for commenting on the blog! We love hearing from our readers! Thank you again!